Hi everybody! I’m here with a review! BTW, this is not sponsored in any way. I just really love their product and would eat it daily if I could.
For those not in the know, Halo Top ice cream is a low-carb, higher protein ice cream that actually tastes like ice cream. For somebody on a keto diet like me, that’s a miracle.
Yes, it’s really 280 calories for the entire pint and other flavors are similar in stats. Ben & Jerry’s can’t compete with that.
My favorite flavor (birthday cake) is pictured above, but they have so many other good ones that you really can’t go wrong. I heard on Reddit that more may be in the works, and I can’t wait to try those too.
Here’s what makes Halo Top superior to its closest competitor (Arctic Zero) in my opinion: Halo Top honestly tastes like ice cream. It tastes pretty darn close to the sugar bombs that you can find on shelves at most grocery stores. Arctic Zero, in my opinion, tastes like what would happen if I had a bowl of ice cream and poured a glass of water into it and then mixed it up and tried to eat it. It had next to no substance and the flavor wasn’t intense enough at all.
The only downside to this stuff is how hard it is to find. There is literally one store (Whole Foods) that sells it in my city (a city of half a million people) and many cities don’t have a retailer within a reasonable driving distance. My brother, for instance, would have to drive an hour (to my town) to get this product. That’s not a reasonable distance to travel for a pint of ice cream, no matter how amazing it is. I know Halo Top has a form on their website that you can give to a store to request that it gets added to their stock, but it’s not guaranteed.
If you get a chance to try this stuff, do it. Even if you’re not on a low-carb diet like I am, give it a shot. It really tastes like the real deal.
- Book Review: This is Your Brain on Sports (B4B) - July 17, 2017
- Succulents…or “Finally, a plant that I can’t kill!” - June 12, 2017
- 5 Eco-Friendly Swaps You Can Make THIS MONTH - June 5, 2017
- On my recent hiatus… - June 3, 2017
- My favorite podcasts - April 10, 2017
- Review: Own It by Sallie Krawcheck (B4B) - April 9, 2017
- My favorite quote - March 1, 2017
- 17 for 2017 - February 22, 2017
- My journey into reusable products - February 15, 2017
- About Blogging for Books - February 12, 2017