Yes, it’s late February. I had this post in mind in November, but never got around to writing it, so here goes: my 17 goals for 2017!
In 2017, I want to:
- Finish writing a book. I don’t care which one I finish, but I want to finish one.
- Travel back to Hawaii for our 5th anniversary. We just booked our trip last weekend, so we’re well on our way to meeting this goal!
- Increase our savings account to $2000+. We have trouble saving money, so a small goal is better.
- Start and maintain a side hustle. That’ll help with #3, but it’ll also help pay off some of our debt.
- Weigh <200lbs for the first time in my adult life. The closest I’ve gotten is 203.5 when I was 23, but I haven’t seen a number under 200 since I was a freshman in high school.
- Increase my physical fitness. My personal goal is to look athletic (not skinny), and I’m paying for a gym membership. We’re 16 workouts in now, so we’re on our way to this one.
- Declutter and donate. I’m working to get rid of the things in my life that don’t serve me in an effort to reduce clutter and stress from clutter.
- See friends more often. I see my husband and dogs all the time, but I rarely take time to see friends and maintain friendships.
- Write 50+ blog posts this year. Yes, it’s a small goal, but I struggle with posting regularly.
- Start a small garden. I have 2 plants currently growing inside by a window, but I want to move them to larger pots out on my front porch.
- Decorate my house! I’ve lived here for 1.5 years and only have like 5 things on my walls. I really want to paint, but Mike doesn’t (he says he likes the white), so I may add color through curtains and wall art as a compromise. I’m also thinking about making frames for board games and hanging those as functional art pieces.
- Purchase more power tools (or bring some of my mom’s tools home) and a rolling tool chest for my garage. I can’t DIY everything I want to with what I have and I want to have the option available to me.
- Finish removing the bark and cloth from my back yard. We started it in November 2015 and gave up once our barrel was full.
- Bring home some of my mom’s unfinished outdoor Christmas decor–she started some plywood ornaments (like 12+ inches each) to hang in her trees years ago and never finished due to health issues. I want to finish drawing and painting them and hang them in my own trees this year.
- Speaking of Christmas decor, I want to hang my lights closer to Thanksgiving. I also want to prep my house for hanging lights this summer so I don’t have to do it when it’s cold outside.
- Start a YouTube channel for my dogs. It sounds silly, but I want to start a channel where my dogs review dog toys. They destroy nearly everything they own, and I want to find toys that they can’t tear to shreds and share that info with other dog owners.
- Use my planner weekly. I’ll be honest–I love my planner, but sometimes life is so routine that I forget to use it. I want to make sure I use it more often because it makes me happy.
What are your 17 for 2017? What 17 things can you do to make this the best year yet?
- Book Review: This is Your Brain on Sports (B4B) - July 17, 2017
- Succulents…or “Finally, a plant that I can’t kill!” - June 12, 2017
- 5 Eco-Friendly Swaps You Can Make THIS MONTH - June 5, 2017
- On my recent hiatus… - June 3, 2017
- My favorite podcasts - April 10, 2017
- Review: Own It by Sallie Krawcheck (B4B) - April 9, 2017
- My favorite quote - March 1, 2017
- 17 for 2017 - February 22, 2017
- My journey into reusable products - February 15, 2017
- About Blogging for Books - February 12, 2017