I’m sure you’ve all seen my Blogging for Books posts (usually labeled B4B) on my blog. I’m here today to tell you a bit about what the service is and why I do it.
What is Blogging for Books?
Blogging for Books is a site where one receives a book (sometimes before it’s released) to read and reviews it on their blog. There’s really not much more to it. You choose categories you’re interested in on the site, and every time you submit a review for your current book, you get to pick a new one.
Books are listed on the site in two formats: ebook and printed. I’ve noticed that the ebook copies go very quickly, so I always end up with a printed copy of my selection. I’m okay with it because it’s free. 🙂
Once you read the book, you post an honest review on both your blog and on their website. You can also copy/paste it to Amazon, but I usually don’t. I try my best to be honest in my reviews of my books and not overtly positive just because they’re free.
If you have a blog and like to read, it’s totally worth joining the program.
Why do I participate in the program?
Why? I like books.
It’s really that simple. I’m getting free books to read? What reader would turn that down? I enjoy getting a surprise on my front porch–it feels like Christmas!
Right now, I have a book from B4B that I haven’t cracked open yet. Not because I’m not interested, but because I’m in the middle of rereading 1984 and don’t want to read too much at once.
- Book Review: This is Your Brain on Sports (B4B) - July 17, 2017
- Succulents…or “Finally, a plant that I can’t kill!” - June 12, 2017
- 5 Eco-Friendly Swaps You Can Make THIS MONTH - June 5, 2017
- On my recent hiatus… - June 3, 2017
- My favorite podcasts - April 10, 2017
- Review: Own It by Sallie Krawcheck (B4B) - April 9, 2017
- My favorite quote - March 1, 2017
- 17 for 2017 - February 22, 2017
- My journey into reusable products - February 15, 2017
- About Blogging for Books - February 12, 2017