Today, my husband and I reached 100 days of ketogenic eating. Both of us have lost over 40 pounds each since reaching our highest weights within the last year.
During these 100 days, I have seen some changes in my life and health:
- I’ve lost almost 20 pounds in these 100 days when it’s been nearly impossible for me to get the weight off. I’m seeing my lowest weight since 2010 daily now and I’m looking forward to getting to my high school weight and below soon.
- My clothes fit so much better! Some are even loose!
- I have the energy to work out.
- My skin is CLEAR. In the last 100 days, I’ve seen…2 pimples? Maybe?
- I have no new cavities.
- My teeth don’t have that weird dirty feeling at the end of the day anymore.
- TMI: my cycles seem to have regulated and resumed their regularly scheduled programming instead of changing lengths from month to month.
- I’ve been motivated to make other changes in my life and health as a result. There will be future posts about these changes, I promise.
- Any lab work I’ve had done during this time has been flawless.
Living this lifestyle has been easy, and we plan to keep going after these 100 days. The health benefits have greatly outweighed the flavor of pizza, bread, ice cream, fries, doughnuts, cake…I’ve come to realize that I’d rather feel all of the benefits I listed above than have those “delicious” foods. I make some really delicious food that is low-carb and don’t really miss those things. In the last 100 days, I’ve had ice cream, pizza, buffalo wings, Chinese fried rice, Mexican rice, mac and cheese, cheese danishes…and they’ve all been low in carbs.
If you are new to keto, definitely check out the info on Reddit’s /r/keto or /r/xxketo to find out more. I highly recommend this lifestyle and I’m not sure I can go back to anything else now that I’ve given it 100 days. I can’t wait to see what the next 100 bring.
- Book Review: This is Your Brain on Sports (B4B) - July 17, 2017
- Succulents…or “Finally, a plant that I can’t kill!” - June 12, 2017
- 5 Eco-Friendly Swaps You Can Make THIS MONTH - June 5, 2017
- On my recent hiatus… - June 3, 2017
- My favorite podcasts - April 10, 2017
- Review: Own It by Sallie Krawcheck (B4B) - April 9, 2017
- My favorite quote - March 1, 2017
- 17 for 2017 - February 22, 2017
- My journey into reusable products - February 15, 2017
- About Blogging for Books - February 12, 2017