Hello! Today, I’m here with a super quick book review! Today’s review is on Jen Sincero’s You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life.*
This book is great if you’re going through a major change in your life and need some direction and inspiration to help you through it. It doesn’t contain any new information that hasn’t come up before in other personal development books, but this one delivers it in a user-friendly format. The language isn’t difficult, and I found it to be a quick read. There was a healthy amount of sarcasm, humor, and wit, as well as some crass language. If you’re not into books that swear, this is not the one for you.
My biggest takeaway: stop dreaming and start doing. Life your life!
I did find that Sincero talked about her life coaching job quite a bit and that the book overall was a bit “New Age-y” (with “Source Energy” representing this energy in the Universe that one can tap into), but it didn’t detract from the overall message of the book.
I recommend giving it a shot when you have the chance to do so. I won’t say it’ll change your life, but it’ll inspire you to make changes to better your life.
- Book Review: This is Your Brain on Sports (B4B) - July 17, 2017
- Succulents…or “Finally, a plant that I can’t kill!” - June 12, 2017
- 5 Eco-Friendly Swaps You Can Make THIS MONTH - June 5, 2017
- On my recent hiatus… - June 3, 2017
- My favorite podcasts - April 10, 2017
- Review: Own It by Sallie Krawcheck (B4B) - April 9, 2017
- My favorite quote - March 1, 2017
- 17 for 2017 - February 22, 2017
- My journey into reusable products - February 15, 2017
- About Blogging for Books - February 12, 2017