Hello! I’m so excited to start sharing my journey into the Bullet Journaling world with everybody! I just got my emerald Leuchtturm 1917 dotted notebook* and Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens*, and I’m ready to start planning!
I was inspired by Kara at Boho Berry to start my own Bullet Journal, and I think I finally found the planner system that will work for me!
New to the Bullet Journal method? Check out the original setup by Ryder Carroll for more info!
Here’s what I have so far:
I added a year-at-a-glance calendar because I knew that would definitely come in handy as the days passed. I started a birthdays collection because I can be terrible at remembering peoples’ birthdays, so I figured I’d write them down when one came to mind and add them to this page.
You can probably see the February and March pages with the standard BuJo dates going down one side. I like it that way for now, but I’ll reassess once I’ve had a complete month with the notebook.
I also added tracker pages for both the rest of February and all of March with things I’d like to keep track of, a brain dump page for things that come to mind that don’t have a place yet in the notebook, and a (not pictured) shopping list page for non-grocery items I think I want/need to buy.
Here’s what I’m trying to track:
- keto/low-carb: for years, I’ve gone off and on low-carb/ketogenic diets and I find that works best for me. It improves my mood, increases my energy, and helps me lose weight. I tend to fall off the wagon a lot though, so I figured a tracker for this would help keep me accountable.
- hydrate: I am terrible at drinking enough water. I can sometimes go an entire day on only 16 ounces and not realize it. I want to be better about getting my water intake up, especially because I’ve found that it accelerates my weight loss when paired with a ketogenic diet.
- gluten-free: going GF kind of ties in with keto because most foods with gluten are too high-carb. However, I’ve been known to have “just one bite” of something because it falls under my carb limit for the day. I’m currently trying to figure out if the increased energy, mood improvement, and better sleep that come with keto are just from the reduced carbs or from the lack of gluten in my system. I need to find a way to track the energy, mood, and sleep though.
- walk dogs: in my goals for the month, I said I wanted to walk my dogs more. What better way to keep track of it than in my BuJo?
- TSD blog post/instagram/pinterest: I just want to see how often I do things here so I can make changes as necessary.
- no spend: I sometimes buy things that I don’t need. I figure I’ll keep track of those days where I don’t spend money on unnecessary items and hope that the amount grows over time!
- clean house: this one is pretty self-explanatory. I want this one to grow as well.
I hope to start a BuJo series as I update my planner and add/modify collections. Let me know if you’re a fellow BuJo user in the comments!
- Book Review: This is Your Brain on Sports (B4B) - July 17, 2017
- Succulents…or “Finally, a plant that I can’t kill!” - June 12, 2017
- 5 Eco-Friendly Swaps You Can Make THIS MONTH - June 5, 2017
- On my recent hiatus… - June 3, 2017
- My favorite podcasts - April 10, 2017
- Review: Own It by Sallie Krawcheck (B4B) - April 9, 2017
- My favorite quote - March 1, 2017
- 17 for 2017 - February 22, 2017
- My journey into reusable products - February 15, 2017
- About Blogging for Books - February 12, 2017