Hi everybody! I’m here to check in and let you know if I met my July goals or not and set some new ones for August. Yes, I know we’re three days in, but that means there are 28 more to go! There’s still time!
My goals for July:
- Finish planning for the school year: I laminated my new rules posters today, I laminated 200 folders on Monday, and I have quite a few other things figured out. I just need a bit more, but overall, I feel prepared to get going next Friday.
- Continue with keto and losing weight: I’m currently on day 47 of keto eating, so that’s working. I also lost 4.2 pounds during the month of July and started a 60-day workout program and we just finished day 11. We’ve only skipped one day (my birthday) but just pushed our workouts out by one day to make up for it.
- Enjoy my last month of my 20’s: I did! I had fun on our two trips and got to go to the zoo. I really enjoyed it a lot. I also got hooked on Pokemon GO and enjoyed hunting Pokemon with my brother.
- Finish and double my “30 books before 30” list: Finished with 63! I’ll be updating my book list soon to reflect that.
Looks like I met all 4 of my goals! Let’s set some for August:
- Continue with keto and losing weight: yes, it’s the same goal as July, but it’s working.
- Reduce spending at restaurants: we did well in July and we had more money as a result. We hope to keep our eating out budget to <$200 this month if possible.
- Continue to assert myself more often: I struggle with being assertive, and it really shows in my classroom. Thanks to my therapist, I feel like I’ve grown more of a backbone lately. I want to leave my classroom every day feeling like I wasn’t walked on by the kids.
What are your goals for August? What do you have planned for this month?
- Book Review: This is Your Brain on Sports (B4B) - July 17, 2017
- Succulents…or “Finally, a plant that I can’t kill!” - June 12, 2017
- 5 Eco-Friendly Swaps You Can Make THIS MONTH - June 5, 2017
- On my recent hiatus… - June 3, 2017
- My favorite podcasts - April 10, 2017
- Review: Own It by Sallie Krawcheck (B4B) - April 9, 2017
- My favorite quote - March 1, 2017
- 17 for 2017 - February 22, 2017
- My journey into reusable products - February 15, 2017
- About Blogging for Books - February 12, 2017