Hello! Today, I’ll be reviewing Judy Detrick’s book, Simply Calligraphy.
I was really excited when I chose this book to review on Blogging for Books (disclaimer: I received a copy for free). This book is a wonderful start for those interested in learning calligraphy. The author groups letters together in ways that make sense and provides a lot of examples to follow throughout the book. I’d love to be able to write like this without having the book handy, so it looks like I’ll be needing some practice! I do wish other forms of calligraphy were included (especially modern calligraphy, which I adore), but I do understand that only so much information could be crammed into 88 pages. If you’re looking for something more advanced, I recommend looking for a more comprehensive book on the subject.
- Book Review: This is Your Brain on Sports (B4B) - July 17, 2017
- Succulents…or “Finally, a plant that I can’t kill!” - June 12, 2017
- 5 Eco-Friendly Swaps You Can Make THIS MONTH - June 5, 2017
- On my recent hiatus… - June 3, 2017
- My favorite podcasts - April 10, 2017
- Review: Own It by Sallie Krawcheck (B4B) - April 9, 2017
- My favorite quote - March 1, 2017
- 17 for 2017 - February 22, 2017
- My journey into reusable products - February 15, 2017
- About Blogging for Books - February 12, 2017